THE BEST IS YET TO COME


Another year gone by ....We stand looking at the new year with hopes and dreams. A feeling of apprehension about the future and thankfulness for the past. Every year as it ends we sit back and think how the year was... What it gave us, what it took from us, how happy we were, how we faced hardships, the new friendships we made and so on the list goes on. No year is filled with only happiness or only sorrowful happenings, it's always a roller coaster journey.

Personally for me 2018, will be remembered as the year which early on took my dad away from me, the rest of the year went in me trying to learn the way to carry on with my life without him, the person who breathed along with me since my birth. As every year, the initial few months were very slow and the last few months spiralled off at a rocket speed.

Life teaches us many lessons ... The main lesson is to live with optimism. As long as we breathe - follow the dreams and get along life with passion and zest. 

India and the world have been progressing amidst natural calamities and inhuman activities. Undeterred march to success!

New year's day some of us make some resolutions and a few of us decide to not make any resolutions....Only a few of us stick to the resolutions we make. I am amongst the few who make resolutions on the first of Jan and by the end of the month decide to no longer follow it...maybe next year I can again make the same resolution and try to follow... I fool myself the rest of the 11 months. This year I have decided to make one which I would love to adhere to.  I love books so I am going to make a plan to read as many books as possible in the new year. Marking the minimum as 25 books. And to add to it hope not to buy new books until I read the ones in my book shelf and my kindle. Tough task it is to curb my purse strings and my fluttering heart !

God willing, hope to keep up my resolution for the whole 12 months.

Well 2019 is the year of the pig according to the Chinese calendarPigs are supposed to be a lazy and fattttt but mind you it says the year will be wealthy as well. 
Let us believe in ourselves and have faith in God, count our blessings and dream big. Live life with no regrets and have an open mind for new experiences. 
Maybe Pigs can fly !!!

Wishing all my friends a wonderful healthy, prosperous and a peaceful New year.


Comments

  1. Over the years, a "new year" (or, a new year's eve) has ceased to excite. That mood continues. With just one minor change. After many years, a NY "resolution" - to focus inward more, to stay within, to disengage with the social media world gradually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year worth of emotions beautifully captured. Yes every year passes by so fast and makes us grow old but not sure how many of us reflect and try to work upon ourselves. It would be great to change one habit of ours for the better, develop a new one, continue an old and borrow one. First half starts slightly slow and second half just vanishes fast so must try to smell the roses as we run with the year. Happy New Year 🎂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...enjoy the fleeting moments ....Have a good year !

      Delete
  3. Best wishes for the year ahead. May you read double your set target thereby breaking your New Year resolution of reading only 25.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE MANIA

SLICE OF LIFE

Vroom Vroom...