TWILIGHT ZONE



When you are enjoying something you don't want it to end, isn't it? I was prolonging the end of the book, reading it for the past 4 months and sad that it's done. Engrossed over the end, mindlessly locked the house took my mobile and went for my evening walk. I realized I had left my water bottle on the kitchen counter so came up, took it and in the lift a lady was giving me funny looks. I realized that I was wearing my socks and slippers instead of shoes. Went up again put on the shoes and got on to the task.

The sun had set and it was getting dark. The street lights weren't on yet and it was eerie walking in a deserted patch with no lights. I gingerly made my way through the narrow path shrouded by very tall grass, even in daylight this place gives me the creeps. There was a movement in the blades of grass, out flew a black bird. Then suddenly something leapt on to the track, my heart skipped a beat ,a dog with a spectral menacing face and perky ears stared at me then sprinted away. Was it a dog or an alien creature from outer space? I quickened my pace before the grass and the roots creeps up and ties me down, crossed the road away from the desolate place.A huge ground where the construction of a school building was in progress, fencing sheets enclosed the area,  huge trenches were dug, I tried to sneak a peek. I froze hearing a blood curdling shrill scream, took the ear phones and looked around. Saw a group of workers from the site running towards the bus. I was worried that some mishap has happened but duh,it was the bus driver whistling to announce that he was on his way and the workers to hurry up!



I was jittery and all this was giving me the collywobbles, when I saw something glowing in the darkness. I peered through my glasses to see a black cat with green eyes lying on the pavement with a sinister glare. A shiver ran down my spine. I hoped there was no witch around doing black magic. Before it changed its mind to pounce on me, I kept my distance from it and hurried along. 

It wasn't winter yet and the humidity was still high. The occasional breeze moved the dried leaves and twigs making a rustling sound. I was quaking in my shoes. Beads of perspiration dripped on to my glasses and without losing the stride I wiped it and saw a huge tower crane hovering above with a long wire dangling, something ghostly swaying in the breeze with blood dripping on me? 

Hah!....my fertile imagination needs to be curtailed.

I was contemplating aborting my walk and to go back as the song playing on my headphones too was a ghastly number. Creepiness crept in. 

I was not in a frame of mind to click pictures as I am used to. Reached the street where massive villas with lawns and gardens stood. I witnessed a car screeching to a halt in a driveway and a man rushing inside a house. And in a few seconds, before I could walk around the compound, saw him jump back into the car and careened along the road speedily. Was he running away from a murder scene? Should I run and note down the number of the racing car? Only the tyre marks remained on the road and I stealthily distanced myself from the probable crime scene.



The street lights flickered overhead uncannily. Even the advertising boards were flickering with a buzzing crackling sound. Everything spelt spooky. I turned around to see an evil looking one eyed rag doll, hanging on the spikes of a villa gate. My heart pounded deafeningly...... "wait till I get you"  the song in a child's  voice was ringing in my ears and I saw it turn it's head 360 degrees... I was no longer walking!

I stopped to catch my breath and was constantly looking over my shoulders and straining my ears to any squeak behind me. I sensed someone following me, a lethargic gait and the sound of something being dragged. My stomach was chewing itself to knots.

Was it a zombie? Will it hit me on the head or eat me up? I quickened my pace and I could almost feel the zombie breathing down my neck ...... I was sprinting now. I slowly gathered the courage to turn around and there was this huge hairy creature with a weird head gear wearing blue overall with a broom dangling from his gigantic paws.
Phew.. ..it was just the local landscape gardener winding up after a hard day's work.

I have almost reached my apartment.

Definitely burnt more calories today. All the murder mystery books and the thriller shows on TV has shaped up my imagination. What an harrowing experience ...with Halloween around the corner!
Let me make a note to myself not to venture out on Halloween Night!
With all these thoughts occupying my mind I open my apartment door ....and there he is.... the Green Eyed Black Cat ready to pounce on me !!
MEOWWWW!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE MANIA

SLICE OF LIFE

D2D - DUBAI TO DOHA