The Shining Star

Image result for sridevi

The Tabloid columns were filled with beautiful pictures of her in Manish Malhotra  creation, looking elegant as she smiles and poses for the camera. Always holding hands with her husband. Looked evident from the chemistry between the couple, the love and the need to be together,  as if they needed assurance from each other of everlasting togetherness. She was in Dubai attending a family wedding , the wedding seemed to have gained importance due to her presence.

Image result for sridevi

One of the earliest memory of me watching a movie in the theatre was a  Kamal Hassan sridevi starrer. I was bawling and my dad had to walk in the corridor pacifying me while my mom watched the movie in peace. 
I have watched her good movies, the ones commercially and critically acclaimed , liked the way she performed on screen but was not a fan as such, more a Maduri Dixit ..
so I was shocked when the news of her death tore me up.maybe I was vulnerable as I was just reeling from my dad's demise or was it because she died a few kilometres away .The loss of a parent , a loved companion lost....my thoughts were with the husband and the daughters. 
I closely followed the news channels and internet posts along with the newspapers.Hours went by as I watched YouTube videos of her. the interviews after her last release "Mom" made me realise  how she was looking forward for her daughter's debut movie and  i wished she had stayed alive till then at least. 
For a week I spent most of my time watching Mr India, Lamhe , moondram pirai and chandni
The bubbly ,sensuous,  childish , beautiful actress ....who was said to b an introvert and surprised everyone by the transformation once "action"was announced.
I mourned the death of a talented actress and Mom.

Image result for sridevi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE MANIA

SLICE OF LIFE

D2D - DUBAI TO DOHA