HOLY MATRIMONY

Is the feeling of excitement about the wedding anniversary reserved for the female species? The women folk think months in advance, or at least I do, I  check the calendar as soon as the new calendar for the next year is received, of course these days mobile phones  let you plan years in advance. To see if the wedding anniversary date falls on a convenient day, as in weekend, so that the whole day can be enjoyed being together. Then thinking about the right gift for the hubby....what does he need, a wallet, when did I get him the wallet that he is using now?  Or maybe a perfume, I think he ll be happy with an extra one .Getting him clothes or shoes  might not be right as the fitting changes in different brands. What should I cook for him? His favourite breakfast and lunch . Should I bake a cake or should I order one ? So many decisions to make.

Men can't handle or process too much information, so I try to drop hints to Sujith about the special occasion. Watching a movie where the couple go on a cruise ship for the wedding anniversary, I look at him and smile. The special travel deal announcements are carefully selected and kept on the table so that he notices them. I am thrilled when I see him browse online shopping sites, maybe he is getting me something, he tells me there are good offers on men's perfumes thinking, I ll order one. Dubai summer surprises, shopping galore starts one day prior to the anniversary, I prod him to take me shopping. I am helpless as he is relaxes on the sofa with a beer watching world cup football. 

I am fidgeting and restless as the clock ticked down, I put on a big smile and carefully hand him the gift I had purchased,  a perfume neatly wrapped . I wish him Happy Anniversary with a kiss. He is perplexed and grins and says " why didn't you tell me it was our wedding anniversary " 

Gleefully he sprayed the perfume and thanked me. I was hurt and angry but he quelled it with logical reasons. Sujith's motto in life has always been  "Live in this moment " . Shopping , gifts, fine dining - we do it when the moment warrants it. That's the way life is. This is just another day!!!



Happily married for 18 years, life has been a roller coaster ride. 


When your life is a celebration we don't need special occasions to remind us to feel special.


ps. Sujith took me to Burj Al Arab for  a wonderful dinner with cocktails .We sat holding hands overlooking the nightlights of Dubai.

Comments

  1. Same pinch here.. Hubby never remembers bday anniversary etc. And he always have excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments. Slice of life !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how romantic sitting at a height and overseeing sea hopefully makes you feel like it is endless so much to look forward to small things in life which makes you happy and live in the moment. Be calm be content be happy 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE MANIA

SLICE OF LIFE

D2D - DUBAI TO DOHA