TRANCE



I have seen her a few times now, falling in love with her, a little more than the last time , every time, but nothing had prepared me for this. The road leading to her was filled with an array of the best cars in the world , the Ferrari s and the Lamborghini s lined up to meet her. As I neared her my heart skipped a beat and I looked at Sujith, then jumped out of the car and stood on the pavement gazing at her with awe and over flowing love .She stood,  elegance personified in white, coyly on  a canvas of blue waters and blue skies accentuating her every curves and features.

I was going to meet her, be with her for the next few hours , eating her up - well literally .I thanked the Gods for making my dream come true and being the emotional fool my eyes had filled up as I stepped on to the gravel and caressed  my fingers on her.

The Burj Al Arab, with whom I fell in love when I first saw a documentary on her, totally lived up to my expectations and more. I inched my way inside the massive structure , visually devouring her and committing every single nook and crevice to my memory.The grandeur and opulence in hues of gold green and blue was breath taking , a kaleidoscope of colors which looked perfectly harmonious and not gaudy. This is what Alice must have experienced  in her wonderland ,I was inside a giant honeycomb, evident by the interwoven pattern of architecture.The carpets were exquisite ,intricately designed in red and gold. There were hundreds of small laminar  fountains spouting water in a perfect precision, in a hexagonal honeycomb. 

A smartly dressed gentleman welcomed us and made us feel as if he was waiting for us all along just to serve us , he was our personal "genie" .Took us on a tour of the lobby lounge and up the glass elevator, to enjoy the scenic view from the top and a quick peek at "Al Muntaha " or " the ultimate " restaurant on the top .We had the booking for the " Al  Mahara " the " oyster ". We had to reach our oyster through a simulated submarine ride, a short fun ride. As we entered the oyster,  the blue waters and the multitude of colorful sea life took us by surprise. As we were on our mission to find Nemo and Dory , the gastronomical delight  was laid out - nothing less than a 7 course meal in the 7 star hotel.

The details are a bit fuzzy here as I was lost in a world of sensations, didn't know that the taste buds could recognize such myriad flavors. There was a green Gazpacho, succulent scallops, consomme , tender veal all plated in a way making me believe that Da Vinci and Picasso were at work. The waiter and the Maitre d hotel explained to us about each course and made us feel at ease on our maiden 7 star experience. As the joke goes that there's a Malayali on the moon too, our waiter a mallu convinced the Maitre d hotel to serve us an extra array of desserts on the house . We walked out in high spirits!

I would definitely suggest to u my friends to add the visit to " Burj Al Arab" into your itinerary and live through the super luxury . This beautiful country with beautiful people take us on,  as their OWN.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE MANIA

SLICE OF LIFE

TO TEACH OR NOT TO TEACH